Planning a dude ranch vacation is unlike planning any other trip! We want you to have the best time of your life when you get here. Thoughtful planning and preparation can help guarantee the best experience. Please read the following helpful tips to organize your next great adventure at Cherry Creek Lodge.
We’ll e-mail you a welcome packet before your stay. The packet outlines everything you can expect during your stay at Cherry Creek Lodge.
Here are some important things to keep in mind before your visit:
- The road to the Lodge from Young, AZ requires a high clearance vehicle. If you plan on renting a car, we recommend you get an SUV or a truck. If a car is your only option, please let us know in advance and our staff will meet you in Young, AZ, and drive you to the ranch.
- We love apps! They’re supposed to make life easier but not all work as well as others. If driving to the Lodge, please use Google Maps instead of Apple Maps as it tends to be inaccurate.
- In place of a rental car, consider opting for an airport shuttle service which will cost around $250.
Clothing & Comfort
- Depending on the time of year you visit, you want to dress for the weather and the environment. It can get cold in the winter and hot in the summer. We have monsoon season from July to September so there is a good chance you may see an Arizona thunderstorm during this season.
- We highly recommend wearing closed-toe shoes
- Pack plenty of sunscreen!
- There is no laundry service on-site so make sure to bring a few extra sets of clothes just in case.
- The great thing about Cherry Creek lodge is that you can soak in a true western experience without being tied to life’s modern-day distractions. Please keep in mind that access to Wi-Fi is limited on our grounds. Enjoy some time off the grid and immerse yourself in a one-of-a-kind country living experience.